This document refers to personal data. This is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The Data Protection Act (DPA), Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) and The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which is EU wide and far more extensive, seek to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain such as Companies House data.
F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd is pleased to provide the following GDPR information:
F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd uses the information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact and to email you PR and marketing information, which we believe may be of interest to you and your business. In making initial contact with us, you consent to F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our goods and services.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including, but not limited to, personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd may from time to time use such information to identify its visitors. F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd may also collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website.
Any information F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd holds about you and your business encompasses all the details we hold about you and any sales transactions including any third-party information we obtain about you from public sources and our own suppliers such as credit referencing agencies.
F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with goods, PR and marketing services, we do not sell or broker your data, although coincidentally there may be times when your information could be contained in data that F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd has purchased from a third-party list broker.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd’s contractual obligations to customers and suppliers and also respond to marketing enquiries.
Legitimate interests pursued by F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd
To promote the goods and services offered by F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd to potential new customers or suppliers and also to existing customers and suppliers.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning us on 01482 324997 or writing to us – see last section for full contact details.
F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf. F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR. F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd do not broker or pass on information gained from our business relationship without your consent. However, F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. We may also enforce our Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of our Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd, its suppliers and/or the wider community.
F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for seven years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After seven years any personal data not needed, will be deleted.
Data is held in the United Kingdom using different (multiple) servers. F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd does not store personal data outside the EEA.
Your rights as a data subject
- At any point whilst F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- In the event that F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd, at your request, can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed
- You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation, (F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd), that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the Data Protection Officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing, as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd, or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what Personal data is held, identification will be required
F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
A copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made to email@example.com or by phoning 01482 324997 or writing to us at the address further below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd, you have the right to complain to the Financial Director at F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office [ICO].
The details for each of these contacts are:
F Smales & Son (Fish Merchants) Ltd, Attention of the Financial Director
30 West Dock Street, Hull, HU3 4HL.
Telephone 01482 324997 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
Telephone 0303 123 1113 or email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/